The San Diego French-American School Community Association (C.A.) consists of students, faculty, staff, and parents. Its mission is to strengthen and support a community that is vibrant, international, and inclusive of all members of our school family.
Its leadership team is structured as follows:
- President: Reports to the Marketing and Communications Committee on C.A. progress on a monthly basis. Sets up the annual goal with the Head of School and coordinates with its leadership team all event volunteers.
- Vice-President: Communicates with the division Room Parents on all communication that needs to be sent by the room parents. Coordinates with the Treasurer the budget for teacher/staff appreciation.
- Secretary: Takes, and archives minutes at each C.A. Leadership meeting.
- Treasurer: Coordinates the annual budget by August 31 of each year with the school’s Director of Finance.
- Past-President: Coordinates with Director of Enrollment Management on all Ambassador activities including interfacing with new and current families.
The goals of the C.A. Leadership Team are:
- Organize and promote community events
- Support and recruit volunteers
- Support classroom activities by coordinating parent efforts and coordinating appreciation events
To view a matrix of C.A. responsibilities for 2021–2022 please click here.
To keep the community informed the C.A. communicates regularly via the weekly school newsletter, Echo Info. In addition, the HeadRoom Parent sends emails to the entire community to share information via the Class Room Parents.
In conjunction with the school administration, the C.A. organizes every year many events for the students and their families to bring together the school community, create connections between us, and welcome new families. The C.A. leadership team is supported by event-specific sub-committees each with their own Chair, Co-Chair, and volunteers. The annual events are decided, calendared, and budgeted by August 30th of each year.
- Sunset with SDFAS: This casual family gathering at the beach allows new and returning families to connect with parents from their children’s classes.
- Annual Giving: A strong culture of philanthropy is essential in advancing our mission, and the Annual Fund is the school’s most important fundraiser.
- International Holiday Market: A fun-filled European-style holiday market that brings the school family and local community together.
- Talent Show: An evening of music/dance/comedy/performance that brings the San Diego French-American family together.
- Book fairs: A one-week-long international bookstore in the school Auditorium.
- Jog-A-Thon: A race with a purpose! All monies raised are used to replenish school sports equipment and/or donated to organizations chosen by student delegates.
- Teacher Appreciation Week: We take time out three times a year to say thank you to our beloved teachers.
- Gala: Our annual fundraising event to raise critical funds for the campus and school programs.
- Field Day: One of the most anticipated events of the school year which marks the end of term and the beginning of summer! Students compete and participate in friendly competitions!
- Spring Fair: A fun event for the school community to celebrate the end of the school year. The kermesse includes games and international food stands for all families to enjoy.
If you are a San Diego French-American School parent and would like to volunteer for any of the above events, please email, email@example.com.